HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Make-up brushes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Make-up brushes   Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Ok, i'm typing this up now and will add some images later cause I'm at work Razz

When I first starting getting more into make-up I had no clue what brushes were used for what! So i'm just gonna put a few of the commonly used brushes down and what they are used for.

All brushes should be soft to the touch and all need cleaning regulary.

I'm gonna start with eye brushes, cause that's what i'm most familiar with.

• first is a general eyeshadow brush, you'll recognise these as just being simple, mid length brushes, often rounded at the end, for putting larger amounts of eyeshadow on with ease e.g. to cover the whole lid.

Next is a blending brush, this is used to make the lines between the colours less harsh/more blended. Used by gently brushing over the join of two colours until they blend together. This brush looks softer and longer than the previous brush, but is still reasonably small, also tends to be rounded.

Next is the angled/liner brush which looks like it sounds. Its thin and is at an angle, to give a smoother sharper line if you are using it for eyeliner or using normal eyeshadow for liner too. Also good for the 'v' in cat's eye make-up because it's easier to control/gives a better line. Feels firmer than other eye brushes.

Last one i'm gonna mention is the eyeliner brush, which tends to be very small/fine. This is used to gel eyeliners and the like (I just got one from stargazer to use for my cake eyeliner!). Give an incredibly precise and smooth, thin line and is easier to control than using pencils, which can often come out uneven. Given a sharper look than the other brushes, but can be used wet with eyeshadow too.

Will finish this post later!

PostSubject: Re: Make-up brushes   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 am

I had a mini make over at bodyshop on my bday and the woman was using brushes for my foundation and I asked about it. She said a brush is better as all the oils on our fingertips mean that it doesnt apply the liquid foundation very well and it will stay on for longer as it really sinks into the skin then. Im going to see about getting a brush for that now too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Make-up brushes   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 am

Sounds good Smile I have a couple of those brushes, they work lovely just need to avoid the streaks you can get with them

Gonna do the rest of the brushes at work tonight probably hehe

PostSubject: Re: Make-up brushes   

Back to top Go down

Make-up brushes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1