HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Make-up tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Make-up tips   Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

A place to share all your make-up tips!

There's so much I don't know about make-up etc but I can give some tips from my experience of taking photo's etc and what looks good.
To start us off, if you think your photo is gonna be taken and want to look your best this is what I recommend (and this is just me Razz):
Start off by cleansing, toning and moisturising. Cleansing is important to remove dirt and such that normal washing wont do. Toning helps close pores and make them less obvious, great for close-ups, without toning moisturiser will clog pores and make your skin more oily. Moisturiser speaks for itself, but also helps make-up go on better and smoother and can make colours more vibrant.

I usually apply liquid foundation, mousse foundation, concealer and powder. This might be a bit much for some people but because of the dark circles under my eyes I have to do this Razz basically, the more you even out your skin with this stuff the better it's gonna look in photo's.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks Kim! What powder do you use/recommend? I only have a cheapy one and I feel like it looks really...obvious....on my skin? If that makes sense Razz

Also looking forward to the info you promised me on brushes ;D

PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 am

Woot! someone read it! hehe

For powder, I use Maybelline dream matte powder with a large powder brush. It's a nice mid range powder, so it's good, creates that matte even look, but not too expensive. I just gently brush it over my skin, otherwise it can look caked on. If you want something for really pale skin Dainty Doll is the best around tbh.

Gonna do the brushes stuff whilst i'm at work mwahahaha

PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   

Back to top Go down

Make-up tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1