HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Decoden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
atashi_chan

PostSubject: Decoden    Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Okay so I have a new obsession. Decoden may just be the sweetest hobby in the world! It is roughly translated to Decoration phone, although it can be applied to pretty much ANYTHING. Here are a couple of examples of what can be achieved Very Happy

http://thestickermonster.blogspot.com/2010/05/decoden-polymer-clay-flowers-and-yummy.html

http://rainbowrebels.blogspot.com/2011/02/decoden.html

There are loads of tutorials, hints tips and advice out there that I think I'm really going to give it a go!

Has anyone else tried this? If so, any pics of what you've managed to create?

I'll put pics up as I manage to do things and give a few tips of my own if anyone is interested Very Happy

Atashix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Tue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Do itttt, your phone looks amazing!
I'd love for you to post pics and tips, i'd love to do it for my own phone but i dont think you can get cases for it?
You should take commissions!

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Tue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm

wow! would love this on my phone. May have to see about giving this ago so lolita up some things around the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Wed May 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Well then I shall do Very Happy

Well Kim, I've bought a compact mirror, small box and contact lense cases to try it out on Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Wed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

ok might need a hand with starting this off lol. any recomendations on where to buy all the little bits from? >.<
Or atashi, did I see that you made such little items?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 am

Ooooo might get some stuff to decoden then!
How much is that whippy stuff?

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

yeah i know what you mean - I've been reading all sorts over the past few weeks and didn't feel much wiser! Haha. I made some of my decorations myself, the little roses and such, as I had some fimo moulds to begin with. Most things I have bought have been from two sites mainly.
I go to www.etsy.com as they have a wide range of shops who sell different things to get you going. A general 'decoden' search will bring up a whole range and you can find loads of great deals on there.
The second site I have used is sophieandtoffee.com. It is a site that is based in singapore and they have a great range of decoden items.
I have just recieved an order from them which I am extremely happy with - everything came in great condition and great quality.

That order cost around £6 I think including shipping. It's not the cheapest place to buy from but their stock is awesome haha.

Whipped-cream-wise I have used 2 different ones so far. The first was air dry clay called fuwa-fuwa
http://sophieandtoffee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DSC03662-copy.jpg
I found this easy to use but for me, it didn't dry well enough and wasn't very durable. But bear in mind that I used this on a phone case so it was quite thickly applied. A lot of people use it for rings and such and say it works well.
The second was 'Grace' resin clay. It too is air-dry and it worked fantastic! It does take around 3 days to dry fully once applied though - so be prepared to check every few days and try not to drop anything on it when its drying... (experience). I bought this version:
http://sophieandtoffee.com/item.php?item_id=285&category_id=31
whoch as you can see comes in a plastic tube. You then put it into a piping bag and apply a tip and off you go! That particular version you do have to warm first - I personally used a hairdryer. None of these options are cheap enough for me as I'm looking to sell these on! My next try is going to be decorators caulk which cost me around £3 for 300ml. I'll let you know how that one goes!
A quick note as well - if you do use a piping bag - either double bag if you are using a thin plastic one or use one that is meant for cakes so its a bit thicker - the clays can get quite thick to pipe on and that can mean your bag can burst...(again...experience! I lost half my bag on my hands!!!)
By the way - this is the only thing I have really made so far - it's the case for my iPhone 3gs.

This was made from the Grace clay - and I know its a bit messy but when the bag burst - I could no longer make it all smoothl whipped looking so I had to go for icing look :p haha. I bought the large rose and pendant base both off etsy along with the rhinestones and pearls. Everything else I made. I think this proves more than anything that the case can really have whatever you like on it - mine just HAD to have Professor Layton on it so I made him from hama beads.
Now I think that's it for now, but any more questions or attemps - lemmie know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 am

Wow! thanks for that, really helpful. I love what you have managed to do with the phone case. I think when I get paid I'll buy a few bits and give it ago my self on my phone. Prob wont be as pretty as urs tho lol.
As Im switching to a part time job it should give me time to practice and improve. Maybe I could get round to selling a few to make abit of cash Smile.
*Starts Googling*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decoden    

Back to top Go down

Decoden
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1