HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Make up for photos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Make up for photos   Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:56 am

Ok now we are having lots of piccys taken I just wanted to know if people knew what kind of make up is best on camera? Im talking about the make up that prettifies you lol.

I usually wear min make up and I know that you have to wear plenty for photos but how much and what types are we talking about?

Foundation, conceler, primers? I would love a good primer but most I have seen are about £20+. soes anyone know if it is worth it? Also what about around the eyes? so many questions!!! >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:43 am

Heya Smile
I'm far from expert but this is what i've learnt from photography forums and experience of what works best.

As for toner, these two I have and they are really good and natural:
Botanics pore perfecting
Botanics Rosewater Toner
Both under £5

From what I understand, cleanse, tone then moisturise -- depending on your skin type, before you put makeup on.

As for makeup itself - liquid foundation, concealer and lots of powder.
Use a fair bit of liquid foundation, there's a new one out called maxfactor xperience and it has epic reviews. I'll be getting it and using just for photoshoots lol.
Then add concealer, I like collection 2000 lasting perfection liquid concealer under eyes and on any blemishes, get one thats slightly lighter than skin tone.
Then lot's of power foundation because it avoids shine. Also, take it with you so you can keep applying through the day.

As for lipstick, thats just fine as is, but you can put some concealer on lips and that helps it stay i'm told.
Eyeshadow needs alot extra putting on to show up with flash

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:39 pm

i second the cleanse, tone, moisturize routine cus it gives you a base to put your make up on so it doesn't block the pores as much which means there is a less chance that you will cause blemishes by wearing to much makeup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:09 am

I started using a primer. Besides the fact it says 'anti-aging' (I really hate products that enforce the idea that getting older is some kind of a desease) its really good. It holds the makeup and smooths out my skin. it was £9.99, so a bit pricy but will have a look for a cheaper one next time.

I need to experiement I think with lots of eyeshadow effects. I only ever wear black liner and would love to introduce some noticable colour. I wear glasses so it tends to hide all my hard work >.<

I have a 2000 concleaser but I think its a really cheap one. I think if we get together on a girly nite we should try these things out as a group to swap ideas.

(also btw girlies, Im planning an event on fb to organise a girls nite in so watch this space...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Applecore
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 am

Nanao-chan wrote:
I wear glasses so it tends to hide all my hard work >.<

This!! It's so annoying. I find that it helps to put more makeup on your lower lash line as this seems a lot more noticeable. So I sweep a thin line of eyeshadow along my lower lash line to add some colour and do some subtle mascara on my lower lashes too

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:13 am

giiiiiiiiirlyyyy nighhhhtttts!!!! woop i'll bring some lushy face masks!!!

I am a bit of a lushoholic, i use lush cleanser, toner and moisturiser as well as the lush concealer haha... i have a problem

i tend to not mind splurging on foundation, i use Mac, cus i have loads of friends who study makeup and they told me off for using foundation that wasn't good quality!!!
Also i highly recommend Urban Decay Night spray make up setter thing, you can dance all night and your makeup won't budge!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 am

If i've really made myself up i don't tend to wear my glasses cause I often focus on my eyes. I've done that before too Apple, it's a great tip!

Nice recommendation Jeff, will have to give it a try, I do love my Urban Decay!

And huge yes to girly night in!

PostSubject: Re: Make up for photos   

Back to top Go down

Make up for photos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1