HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Creation of a partial fursuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akemi

PostSubject: Creation of a partial fursuit   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Ok so im thining about making a partial fursuit as a mascot for our website to wear to conventions etc.
Anyone got any good sites etc on how to make the head? and how to cover with fur!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Creation of a partial fursuit   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Quick is the best person to answer this! I made mine with upholstery foam and then gonna glue the foam on it. there is a really good tutorial on youtube:

There are 2 more after this one

PostSubject: Re: Creation of a partial fursuit   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am

Yeah, a sheet of upholstery foam, about 1/2 inch thickness, will cost you about £3.00, and then all you have to think about is glue. I'd recommend using a low heat hot glue gun, or if you fan find it, some craft stores stock a contact adhesive specifically for use with fabric thst costs about £6.00.

As for fur, when you have the head complete, cover it in cheap brown packing tape, mark where you want the parts of the. Fur to go, and theft direction you want theft pile to go with black marker, cit that out with a scalpel and useful the pieces as.a pattern.

Right, now that we're done with the technical bit, whqt species were you thinking of making? And what colours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/

Creation of a partial fursuit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1