HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Paid to cosplay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stil

PostSubject: Paid to cosplay?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 am

Today was the first day of my new job as a 'grotto helper' - basically one of Santa's elves.

I'll be doing all the customer service things (managing queues, cash handling, merchandise, taking photos of kids with santa etc etc) in costume and in character! I'll be wearing a very well(hand)made purple (kinda festive but not cliche as the company wanted to stand out) lined tunic made from velour and with sequin trim on the cuffs and collar (velco at front). I'll also be wearing a 'noddy' hat with bells on it and red facepaint on my cheeks and nose Smile

But this thread isn't about me or my job - it's about those who do get to work in costume. I met the two Santas today and they both do it, year in year out, for a living and they love it. What an awesome way to work, and what a good excuse to never go on a diet again and what hope it gives to those of us who want jobs that suit the lifestyle Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/thisisstil
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Paid to cosplay?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 am

but.....you'd have to deal with all those kids o_0

Someone at work has asked me to make a santa costume for them, and apparently they will pay me to do so....nice ^^

Paid to cosplay?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1