HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 am

Umbral seems to be an LT thing. Before the change to v3 rules, it used to just be 'other' on the form, but Umbral in the rules lists half-fiends, voidkin and half-constructs as Umbral. I'm just guessing it has some connection to dark etc etc.

You don't have to go to main events, and sanctioned events during the off-season have people attending as guests (non-faction members invited by faction members) and some who show up to monster for the whole weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

* right over my head*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 am

Basically, I've only heard of Umbral outside of Lorien Trust as a reference to dark or shadowy things.

Main events are the two Moots (Spring and Summer), the Great Edreyjan Fayre (GEF) and the Gathering of Nations. They happen at Locko Park in Spondon May-August, while the Sanctioned events are events set up by people other than the Lorien Trust, but are allowed by them, and are generally cheaper (often a little shorter) and have people attending that just play monsters to fight the players (or be involved in talky plots). I think people going to monster actually get either a cheaper ticket (if not totally free) or first dibs on a bunk.

Monstering means not playing a standard character and having the staff (usually a ref or marshall) giving you a brief (the monster's/monsters' purpose) and their stats, which could be anything from weak (6 global hit points) to absurdly strong (10 hits per location) with a number of immunities or weaknesses and special abilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   

Back to top Go down

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3