HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Using stuffing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Using stuffing   Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 am

Have been stuffing my Yoshi tail today and thoght i'd share a quick tip about stuffing, in the unlikely event anyone here will ever need to know haha.

If you're using stuffing always grab some then seperate it out LOADS, as much as you can, just keep ripping bits off and putting it back, this will help avoid bumps when you're stuffing your 'item'. I find it best to use stuffing made for toys, gives the best quality imo and is very soft and squishy ^^

Use smallish bits at a time, again gives it a more even look and helps you control where it goes.

Don't overstuff something, again, it makes bumps more apparent, you can 'understuff' it a little and it's much softer and squidgier, and can help you adjust the shape, like it could bend my tail even more with slightly less stuffing in it.

This is just trial and error sort of stuff I've found when using it

PostSubject: Re: Using stuffing   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:20 am

Actually; if you go wilko's you can get big fat pillows in 2 for £3ish. I had plenty left after stuffing my 4ft long ( sounds like I'm compensating for something) dragonic tail.

I also have a tip;

When stuffing something with a wire in it e.g. a tail, or something particularly long, roll it inside out and stuff it peice by peice, surrounding the wire so it doesn't touch the edge. Then gradually roll the 'skin' over the bits your done...like a condom I guess! Shocked. This way you won't have the wire showing against the outside of the tail or worse, tearing the fabric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Using stuffing   Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Ooooo i do like the wire tip, since i'll be using wire in one of my future costumes!
It's so strange you said about the wilko's pillow cause i got a couple to sleep on and was thinking about the possibility of just using their stuffing for the tail, but the stuffing seemed quite, not sure how to put it, light? So if you packed it in enough did you find it was a bit more durable and kept shape better?

PostSubject: Re: Using stuffing   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 am

shadowbeam wrote:
Ooooo i do like the wire tip, since i'll be using wire in one of my future costumes!
It's so strange you said about the wilko's pillow cause i got a couple to sleep on and was thinking about the possibility of just using their stuffing for the tail, but the stuffing seemed quite, not sure how to put it, light? So if you packed it in enough did you find it was a bit more durable and kept shape better?

Aslong as you shredded it out before hand, else it was a little lumpy. I'd buy a cheap pillow before going to a sewing shop and buying a little bag for too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Using stuffing   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 am

I'll give it a go, must admit i'll pay a bit more for the quality, the stuffing i got was £2 a bag which i got quite a bit in, but i'm always willing to try something new Wink

PostSubject: Re: Using stuffing   

Back to top Go down

Using stuffing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1