HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Most annoying parts of cosplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 am

We all love cosplay....but sometimes they can be damn annoying to wear!
So share your pain....

Lulu = the wig! As you'll see in any of my photo's, that wig kept sliding back cause it was so heavy, no number of hairgrips could save me!

Temari = I kept exposing either my chest, or my thigh, damn outfit, even with safety pins was so tempermental.

Yuna = This outfit was my easiest to wear, safety pins still needed for the chest and the waistband kept slipping around but all in all, pretty comfy.

Harley Quinn = Expected this to be a pain but in fact was really comfy and easy to wear. Neck thing kept moving around and the hammer was a pain in the ass but otherwise the only problem was going to the toilet....At the time i'd hurt my shoulder so trying to undo the zip at the back was a struggle, toilet breaks took about 15mins >< getting it all back onw as very annoying

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 am

i was forced to repair my first steampunk outfit literally hundreds of times over the course of one weekend. that, and i couldn't sit down in the thing. that, and the straps on the gauntlet cut off the blood supply to my right hand, and it went completely numb. that, and the rain ruined the paintwork...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am

For me it was Soi Fong Bleach one. It was pre sewing machine times for me. It was one that i ordered off ebay. I got it and it look NOTHING like the pic! so i had to cut it up and put it with other stuff. in the end I was pretty much sewin into the damn thing. So goin to the toilet took forever! The wig also kept sliding back as i had long braides >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:04 pm

i think mainly for me is wigs... they just annoy me really... i've not had that many problems with my cosplays at all... i must be lucky...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:43 pm

The Crow: Insulation tape on wrists = slight irritation rash-type thing and potential circulation loss. Gaffa tape around waste = weird adhesive marks on still wearable clothing. Crow on shoulder = no amount of gaffa tape will make that damn shooting decoy sit still. Face paint = Stop being itchy. I realise you have been itchy for years, but stop. Please. I beg you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Ahhh yes, i share your pain with face paint, it can be so damn itchy, though my Harley face paint wasn't to bad, if i rubbed it a little there wasn't much pattern to smudge, unlike the crow face paint.

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying parts of cosplay   

Back to top Go down

Most annoying parts of cosplay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1